District Notification Service
As always, alerts on inclement weather will be posted to the WestCo Alerts on the homepage, local radio is notified, and FOX Channel 2 is notified. ...But wait, there's more! Keeping you informed is a top priority at West St. Francois County R-IV School District. That’s why we have adopted a District Notification Service which will allow us to send a telephone, email message, or text message to you providing important information about school events or emergencies. We will be using AlertNow to notify you of school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather, as well as remind you about various events, including report card distribution, open house, field trips, and more. In the event of an emergency at school, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be informed immediately by phone.
District Notification Service is sponsored by:
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through AlertNow
• Caller ID will display the district’s main number when a general announcement is delivered. If the call is requesting you to call back or if you have a question about the call, contact the student's school office.
• Caller ID will display 411 if the message is an emergency.
• AlertNow can leave a message on an answering machine or voicemail. If the answering machine or voicemail message is lengthy, AlertNow's message may be cut off or undeliverable.
• If the AlertNow message stops playing, press 1 and the message will replay from the beginning. The message will pause if there is noise on the line; this includes talking or loud background noise.
• No answers and busies will be automatically retried 4 times in 3 minute intervals.
NOTE: 1) This requires NO registration by the parent on the AlertNow website or the district website, UNLESS you wish to sign up for SMS Text Messaging to your Cell Phone or Email Messaging to your email address. SMS Text Messaging will NOT be used for EVERY announcement, only early releases and emergencies. To sign up for SMS Text Messaging, click here (http://alertnowsms.com) and enter 094123 as the PIN number. Email Messaging will NOT be used for EVERY announcement, only early releases and emergencies. To sign up for Email Messaging, log into PowerSchool Parent Access and enter your email address under the "Email Notification" tab. 2). All information and contact numbers are strictly secure and confidential and are only used for the purposes described herein.
SIGN UP FOR SMS/TEXT MESSAGING:
Go to http://alertnowsms.com
Enter 094123 as the PIN number
SIGN UP FOR EMAIL MESSAGING:
Go to PowerSchool Parent Access
Enter your email address under the "Email Notification" tab.